Which of these 7 learning styles do you adopt while studying?
It’s not new information that everyone learns differently, be it a child or an adult. Everyone has their own learning style. You may not notice it, but everyone subconsciously adopts a learning style while learning something. Earlier the learning styles were commonly divided into visual, physical, and audible. But now, as people are evolving these 3 styles have been further developed into 7 separate branches.
So the question is, which of these below given 7 learning styles do you use while you study?
It’s important to know because knowing your learning style will help you to further enhance it with a bit of extra help, like an expert online tutor.
- Visual Learner: If you are a visual learner you will prefer learning with pictures, diagrams, images, and mind maps.
- Physical Learner: These learners are called the “learn by doing” learners. They use their body parts to learn something. A physical learner use strategies like role plays, a sense of touch while learning.
- Aural-Auditory Learner: These learners prefer an audio medium while learning. They use various sounds like music and rhymes certain patterns of rhythms.
- Linguistic or Verbal Learner: The Verbal learner is all about words. They prefer words in both writings and speech. They use techniques like scripting and also read out textbooks aloud and write down whatever they learned from their teacher or through a textbook.
- Logical Learner: The logical or mathematical learner as the name implies uses logic while learning, and are considered to be the best learners as they understand the concepts very deeply.
- Social Learner: Social Learners work their best while they are in a group. They need interaction to learn new concepts.
- Solitary Learner: These learners can only and only learn the best when they are alone. They avoid any sort of distraction while learning.
Since you got an idea about the 7 learning styles, the next big question you should ask yourself is this
Does your traditional classroom teaching setup help you to enhance these styles?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. The traditional school system adopts basically 2 commonly used methods which are Logical and Linguistic. But the truth is, there are a majority of students who belong to 5 other categories. Teachers are unaware of these styles and are only coming to know them, putting other students in a difficult situation.
An Online Tutor is the best solution in this scenario. You will receive one-one assistance from your online tutor who will help you to explore these learning styles and to adapt them to your regular study routine. This will help you to understand and complex problems given in the classroom very easily.
Use TutorComp to hire an expert online tutor right now and ask them which learning style is more comfortable for you.!